Let's Talk over Coffee....

About Me

What is this blog About

My Links

I am an avid stamper/scrapbooker/crafter. Check out my Stampin' Up website at: www.lorriheiling.stampinup.net or my stamping blog at www.stampingaddict.blogspot.com

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz


Monday, May 01, 2006

CALLING ALL PRAYER WARRIORS!


This is a picture of Brady taken only a week ago. Take a close look at his eyes, they look pretty normal, huh?

The past couple weeks I have noticed that his eyes (one at a time) turn in slightly. Just this past Friday he woke up and one of his eyes was turned in almost all the time, while the other one looks straight ahead. I called the eye specialist today and they got him in for an appointment. It turns out Brady has something called "strabismus". Here is a link that tells about it. The top picture on the link is what Brady's eyes look like.
http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec23/ch277/ch277c.html

The doctor looked into Brady's eyes after dialating them and said that she could tell that he is slightly farsighted, and was suprised it didn't look worse, considering how his one eye crosses. Brady has to wear a patch for 1 hour/day, (not bad, some kids have to wear them 6-8 hrs/day) and he will be getting GLASSES! I have to admit, they are so CUTE on him. He has to wear them ALL THE TIME. Please pray that Brady will adjust to this new thing. He didn't do so well in the doctor's office trying on the frames. He did not like them on his face! The doctor is hoping the glasses (with a LOW prescription!) will help to get his eye back to normal. She said that if that doesn't work, he would need surgery to correct it.

Of course, nothing lately in my life could go without a HITCH. I was killing time at the PV Mall waiting for the appointment. I somehow LOST my keys. I have no idea where or HOW, I only shopped in one store!!! So, my sister raced to pick us up, borrowed a car seat from Corina at Hei-Tek (THANKS Corina) got to the appointment (only 20 mn late!), back to deliver the car seat to Corina, then home. THANKS SUE for being my knight in shining armor!! No news on the keys....luckily we had a spare set, but STILL! GRRRRRRrrrrr

Thanks for your prayers!!!!



Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com