![]() |
Let's Talk over Coffee.... |
About Me What is this blog About My Links I am an avid stamper/scrapbooker/crafter. Check out my Stampin' Up website at: www.lorriheiling.stampinup.net or my stamping blog at www.stampingaddict.blogspot.com |
Tuesday, December 18, 2007 Had to blog this!I just had to blog our afternoon/evening together. It turned out to be not only an ADVENTURE to say the least, but also a funny memory.Brook, our oldest son, is here from Charleston, SC. He has turned out to be quite a cook, so we decided it was HIS turn to make dinner tonight. Well, about midafternoon, he and his sister made a trip to the grocery store to get the food needed for Panda Express Orange Chicken. It kind of turned into a joint effort. First, you must realize I am NOT a cook, nor do I LIKE to cook. So I was ecstatic when Brook said he would make dinner. He got out my wok to make the meal, and we saw that the teflon was FLAKING in the bottom. It was kind of like peeling your skin when you are sunburned. Brittany was worried we would all get cancer if we ate this teflon. I said have no fear, I served teflon in our meal a few nights ago and we were all still alive. Ok, so they got over that one. (I have a feeling a new wok will be under the tree this year, PLUS the fact that Brittany took the wok to the garbage can after our meal.) Next, Brook teased me because I didn't have the tool that grates the orange peel off the orange. Shows what kind of a cook I am, I can't even recall the technical term for it. Finally he got the peelings off with my cheese grater. The "bald" orange was just sitting there, so Dan eventually ate it. Then it came time to put the "juice" of the orange in, and the orange was GONE (thanks DAN!! NOT his fault, though, Brook told him he could eat it.) That was the ONLY orange, so I said I would make a trip to the grocery store to get an orange for him. (I was thinking to myself, why can't he use a little orange juice from the carton in the fridge.....) Brought it home, and he used the juice of 1/2 of an orange. SHEESH, that was a wasted trip!!! DETAILS! I still can't believe he was in my WOMB and how opposite we are in the kitchen! Lastly, I forgot to tell him one of our burners doesn't work right and that burner happened to be the one he used to make the rice on, so we had to dump that pot and start over. This whole ordeal of making this particular meal was about 3 hours!!!! LOL Here are the pictures of our funny memory of our ORANGE CHICKEN MEAL! |
| Layout Design by Hajira | Thanks to:Getty Images Blogspot Blogskins |