Let's Talk over Coffee....

About Me

What is this blog About

My Links

I am an avid stamper/scrapbooker/crafter. Check out my Stampin' Up website at: www.lorriheiling.stampinup.net or my stamping blog at www.stampingaddict.blogspot.com

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz


Thursday, January 03, 2008

Let Me Tell You About Our Son, BROOK!
























I am feeling a bit out of sorts this week, so I thought I would take a trip down memory lane. You see, our 25 year old son, Brook, was deployed to the "sandbox" about 5 days ago, so he obviously has been on my mind. He is a 1st Lieutenant in the Air Force, and flies a C-17.

So let me tell you about Brook. Like I said, he was born 25 years ago. The first picture above shows him at 1 week old, a whopping 2 lbs. 6 oz. In case you didn't know, he was 2 months premature. He had a 25% chance of living, and his future didn't look bright. Lo and behold, the Lord had other plans for him. One other little sidenote, because he was on 100% oxygen for so long, there was a high chance that he could be blind. God has a sense of humor, how ironic that Brook would eventually become an Air Force pilot, where your VISION must be almost perfect!

Fast forward to when Brook was in about 3rd grade. I brought him on a 3 day trip with me! (That shows how OLD I am, you could actually get on flights stand-by and not worry too much!) Brook got to sit in the cockpit, which is where the picture was taken above. (Sorry no digital cameras back then....look at how tattered the picture is, we have had this picture posted on our fridge for YEARS while Brook was in school. Ever since this picture, Brook fell in love with flying and airplanes - and the rest is history! On the right side you see Brook inside the C-17, living out his DREAM! He absolutely LOVES what he does, and continually tells us, "I can't believe I get PAID to do this!"


So, that brings us to the present. I would love it if you could pray for Brook and his safety. I know God has a plan for Brook and it has been fun to see the plan unfold. We are continually on our knees for our "miracle baby" and whatever God's good and perfect will is for his life.


Just wanted to share.....bet you can't tell I am a proud mama to our son!


God bless!




Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com